I am a Senior Research Scientist at Apple Inc. I was born in the beautiful island of Ibiza, Spain. I earned my Ph. D. in Error-Correcting Representations for Multi-class problems at University of Barcelona. My main research interests lay in the intersection of Computer Vision and Machine Learning, I am particularly interested in high-level problems (object recognition, pose estimation, action recognition, etc.). I received my B. Sc. and M. Sc. degrees in Computer Science and Artificial Intelligence from University of Barcelona and BarcelonaTech in January and June 2010, respectively. In 2013 I was a visitor at Carnegie Mellon University (advised by Dr. Fernando De La Torre), working on Matrix Factorization methods for learning Error-Correcting Codes. I have been awarded at international level for both my M. Sc. thesis and my Ph. D. thesis. After earning my Ph. D. in 2015 I held a Postdoctoral Fellow position with the Heidelberg Collaboratory for Image Processing, working on deep unsupervised methods for feature learning with Prof. Dr. Bjoern Ommer, publishing papers in ICCV, CVPR, NIPS & PAMI.
- Jul. 2017: One paper accepted at ICCV17.
- Jun. 2017: One paper accepted at GCPR17.
- May 2017: I will be joining Apple Inc. as a Senior Research Scientist.
- Feb. 2017: One paper accepted at CVPR17.
- Jan. 2017: Our Error-Correcting Factorization paper is accepted at TPAMI.
- Sep. 2016: Our CliqueCNN paper is accepted at NIPS16.